Note: Updated Information!
This is a full day class is especially tuned for those new to WordPress. Topics covered include everything from hosting, making your first post, finding themes, and basic installing of plugins. If you already know how to use WordPress to publish, chances are this workshop is NOT for you. This course is targeted for those who have barely or never used WordPress before. However, we will be covering some slightly more advanced topics (time permitting) and answering any questions we can from those attending.
Date: Saturday May 2nd, 2015
Time: Registration Starts at 10:00am (We will start at 10:30am unless the morning walk-a-thon runs late). We will end at 4:30pm although instructions will stay longer to answer questions.
Location: Nova Southeastern University, Carl DeSantis Building (Knight Auditorium, First Floor)
Our event officially starts at 10:30am, however because NSU is hosting the March of Dimes walk (something that was arranged after we booked the venue sadly) we wanted to provide potentially better alternate directions for those planning on coming around 10am which is the time we will try and open to register.
1. 595, exit south on Davie Rd.
2. Make a right onto Nova Drive
3. Make a left onto College Avenue
— Two entrances to NSU from College Avenue
— 1. Right on Abe Fischer / SW 30th
— 2. Left into main parking garage *
— 1. Right on SW 75th Avenue (across street from Nova High School)
— 2. Right at first turn, will take you around campus and lead you to parking garage.
From 595 via University Drive
1. South on University
— Skip Nova Drive, it seems like it makes sense but save yourself the hassle and go straight to Abe Fischler.
2. Left on Abe Fischler / SW 30th
— DO NOT take an immediate right once on Abe Fischler from this direction, as it will take you to a different part of campus. Continue to the main NSU entrance, which is just slightly around the windy bend.
3. Make a right into the Parking Garage
If you are coming off the Turnpike:
1. Head East on Griffin Drive
2. North on Davie Road
3. Left on SW 39th Street
4. Right on College Avenue
5. Left on SW 65th Ave (across Nova High School)
Please plan plenty of extra time since traffic will be heavy and slow.
Parking: Parking is FREE in the ASLRITC Parking Garage (2nd, & 3rd Floors). YOU MUST HAVE A PARKING PASS FOR FREE PARKING.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PARKING PASS. Print it, and post it on your car dashboard in the garage when you park. Directions to the ASLRITC Parking Garage are printed on the parking pass.
1. THIS IS A COURSE AND NOT A COMPLETELY HANDS-ON WORKSHOP. We do however encourage you to bring a laptop (or a tablet) so you can log into your own WordPress sample site we will have for you.
2. OUR ESTIMATED START TIME is 10:30AM. THERE IS A MARCH OF DIMES WALK-A-THON HAPPENING AT NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY AT 8:30AM and ROADS WILL BE CLOSED. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO NOT COME EARLY BUT BE ON TIME AND PREPARE TO FACE SOME TRAFFIC AS THE WALK-A-THON CLOSES AND THE STREETS OPEN UP.
3. We will be providing (1) free food ticket to those attending for lunch.
If you have any questions please contact us by 8pm EST on May 1st via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We might not be able to answer any questions Saturday morning, so make sure you have read the above and know what you’re doing.
Thanks and see you there!