We are no longer accepting speaker submissions.
Deadline for submissions was March 20th, 2015.
A few things to keep in mind about presenting at WordCamp Miami:
- We look for speakers that are experienced BUT we also look for young or new speakers as well (in the past we have had speakers as young as 14 years old).
- Being a professional speaker is NOT required HOWEVER you must know what you are talking about. In your speaker submission, let us know how your talk can relate to WordPress or the WordCamp Miami audience.
- Your session is not primarily to promote your own theme, plugin or business. If your session is to detail how you used WordPress code to build some really great aspect of your theme, plugin or business, and you’d like to present that as a sort of case study, go ahead and submit your session, but know that we’re not going to allow for a sales pitch at any point.
- You have to know how to spell WordPress. And respect the WordPress logo/trademarks.
- You can submit multiple speaker submissions for different talks.
- Please be prepared to submit speaker slides or review your presentation with a WCMIA organizer PRIOR to the event if asked.
All selections and submissions are collectively reviewed by our committee. We cannot accept all submissions, and in fact the majority are NOT selected. Factors we look for in presentations are the degree of uniqueness and popularity of the topic, the speaker qualifications and experience (past speaking experience is NOT required though, since we do have first-time speakers at WordCamp Miami), hometown of speaker (we try to keep a certain percentage of speakers local), and other factors. If your submission is not accepted, we might not be able to personally respond to each submission with a detailed response.
Finally, there’s been a lot of talk about variety of speakers at technology conferences. Our general policy is that we don’t consider the race, sex, religion, or any other factor of the speaker to play a part in our selection process.
Please note: Information on this page can be updated at times. Please review this page regularly even if you have submitted an application.